Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Anthem // Periphrastically


“I am. I think. I will.” is the most important passage in Anthem because at last Equality 7-2521 has found the word “I.” He has not only discovered the word but for all that it means and represents. It now offers him and others the meaning of individuality. No one has to go about saying the word “we” to identify themselves. Equality 7-2521 now can spread think on his own and share the word “I” with the Golden One. He can now think, feel, and make decisions on his own without including everyone else because he is an individual; his own self. I felt a big transition in the novella when Equality 7-2521 discovered the word “I.” Everything became more positive and brighter once he found the word. I compare this to the enlightenment of when the people came out of the cave for the first time in Plato’s “Allegory of the Cave.” It resembled Plato’s story due to the fact of finding out something so important and how it completely changes your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment